It’s that time of year again!! Camp registration is now open!
Here are our Parent Handbooks, which provide information about the different weekly themes as well as important information about this year’s camp season.
Online Registration – Camp registration will be a two-step process. First we ask you to register through the City’s OneHSN list website https://onehsn.com/stthomas where you will create an account that will require you to provide the following information:
- Family name
- Child(ren)’s name
- Contact information
- Date of birth of child(ren) or expected date of birth
- Requested start date
- Type of care required
The information on the OneHSN list is kept confidential and accessed only by authorized YWCA employees.
Please ensure that you select July 3rd or later for your start date, as that is when our summer program starts.
For Provider Type – choose “Select All”
Make sure you only select Monday through Friday for days, as the system will exclude us from your search if you select Saturday or Sunday.
After you enter your care requirements, you will see a list of available options.
You will select either YWCA – Mitchell Hepburn for St. Thomas, or YWCA – McGregor for Aylmer and then click the View Programs button. From there you will be able to request a spot in our program.
You will be placed on a wait list on a first-come-first serve basis, and you will be contacted by YWCA Childcare Staff once program enrollment and capacity is established the week of April 2, 2018. At that point you will proceed with step two of the registration process and input your Summer Camp specific childcare requirements through our Active site. A registration link will be sent to you via email. Please note that you will have 7 days from the day you receive the confirmation email to proceed with step two. If at the end of the 7 days you have not registered through Active we will move you down to the bottom of the wait list.
Wait List Policy
The YWCA will make every effort to register families in a timely manner. Knowing that childcare is a critical component of a family’s well-being we will process registrations as efficiently as possible and keep wait lists to a minimum whenever possible.
- Program space is determined based on licensing and staff allocations. School Age Childcare (SAC) Coordinators will monitor and track new registrations through online software.
- For registration to be processed documentation must be full and complete.
- Enrollment for children with special needs is assessed on an individual case basis as it is dependent on funding and resources available to better support children in a group setting.
- Should space not be available, SAC coordinators will review licensed capacity and human resources to determine if children can be moved from one age grouping to the next to accommodate more children.
- During the registration process children will be kept on a wait list in chronological order of registration date.
- Families will be notified in a timely manner to keep wait times to a minimum.
- The wait list will be made available to a parent requesting their child/ren’s status on the list, in a manner that maintains the privacy and confidentiality of the families and children on the list.
If you have questions about our Summer Adventure Camp program, please call 519-631-9800 and ask to speak to someone in the childcare department. Any technical questions regarding the registration process can be emailed to our System Administrator at email@example.com