BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CHILDCARE
Registration will open on Monday April 15th for the 2019/2020 School Year
If you are looking for child care for the upcoming school year , please go to the City’s OneHSN list at https://onehsn.com/StThomas (starting April 15) and submit an application for the childcare you are requesting.
Please be advised that the OneHSN site works best on a desktop computer. People have reported difficulty in using their phones to fully access the City’s site. If you do not have access to a computer, please contact us for assistance at email@example.com or call 519-631-9800. You are also welcome to come into our office for assistance at 16 Mary St. West in St. Thomas, or 25 Centre Street in Aylmer.
When inputting your care requirements, please note that September 3rd is the start date of the 2019/2020 School Year.
After you complete your application, you will receive a confirmation email from the OneHSN system, which will then forward your application on to us. We will respond to you within one week of that with a status update regarding your application.
What does School Age Childcare look like?
- Creative Arts and Crafts
- Sports, Recreation & Outdoor Play
- Dramatic Play
- Centre Based Play
- Promotion of good citizenship and school involvement
- Nutritious Snacks
- Maximum staff ratio 1:15 and 1:13 for JK/SK classroom
- Licensed childcare through the Ministry of Education
Our School Age Childcare Programs:
- Engage children in cooperative play activities
- Help children feel safe before and after school
- Reduce transportation concerns
- Provide a reliable childcare program at the child’s school
Programs available at:
- Elgin Court (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Éva Circé Côté French Immersion Public School (ECCFI) (formerly Sparta) (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- McGregor (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Mitchell Hepburn (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- New Sarum (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Southwold (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Springfield Public School (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Straffordville Public School (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Summers’ Corners Public School (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
For more information on these programs, please call the YWCA at 519-631-9800
At this time many of our Summer Camp programs are filled, however we ask those interested to complete the application process to receive further information from our staff on the status of each camp. Families will begin their application process by using the mandatory OneHSN list, by clicking here. Registration is on a first come, first served basis and dependent on program resources, and supports available.
Please note, being involved with childcare does not guarantee a spot in Summer Camp. Advanced registration is not occurring this year.
PA Day & Holiday Camps
Enrollment is on a first come, first served basis. Only completed registration forms will be processed.
Submitting the below forms indicates your interest, but does NOT guarantee a spot in the program. You will receive a confirmation email if you will be offered a spot in the camp.
Is your child currently registered in one of our Before & After School Programs?
If your child is NOT currently registered in one of our programs, please download the following documents, and return the completed forms to Maria Guevara (either in person at 16 Mary St. West in St. Thomas, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- REGISTRATION FORM – DAY CAMPS
- REGISTRATION FORM – PAYMENT AUTHORIZATION
- Child Individual Support Plan (if applicable)
- anaphylaxis emergency plan epipen – full (if applicable)
Please also familiarize yourself with our Parent Handbook
Has your child been having fun at program? Are they welcomed warmly? Has a staff gone above and beyond to make your little one more comfortable, or to make drop offs easier? Have they tried to get to know your child, or helped them problem solve a challenge? Please let us know! We share this feedback with our staff and want to recognize the hard work they put into making their programs a safe, happy, and engaged place for our children and families. Please send us a SUNSHINE NOTE by clicking below, and your staff will get a big SHOUT OUT next month. Sunshine notes can be from parents or children themselves.