Having the tools you need and the desire to manifest how you would like to see your year unfold is half the battle. The YWCA St.Thomas-Elgin wishes you all a 2019 filled with strength, wisdom, and character through the balanced development of your body, mind, and spirit.
- Know you’re worth it – valuing yourself is an important part of personal growth whether you’re a Youth In Transition looking for life skills or employment or you’re in need of financial guidance through community resources such as Pathways to Prosperity
- Nourish your body – meditation, eating healthy and exercising will lift your spirits. For young girls we offer S.M.A.R.T. Girls classes for stress management and relaxation techniques for ages 8 to 12 years old and for adults we offer Aquafit Programs in Aylmer.
- Enrich your mind – learn, challenge yourself and take advantage of opportunities such as our Adult Education Program or English as a Second Language Classes.
- Get a good night’s sleep – having a safe place to sleep can provide you with the energy you need to take on the day. For more than a century YWCA has been providing Supportive Housing for those in need.
- Play a part in your community – volunteering opportunities offer participants the joy of connecting with others, the ability to advocate for causes you strongly believe in and will provide much needed assistance to charities within Elgin County.
- Build a brighter future – the development of our youth is an integral component to the future of our community. Investing in your children’s development through our Before & After School Care as well as providing life skills such as Babysitting Courses and Home Alone Safely will give your children a jump start on making responsible decisions.
- Better for Balance – celebrate the achievements of inspiring women and girls in your life on March 8th as International Women’s Day provides a platform for change, advocacy and education. Join the 2019 #BetterforBalance movement and promote gender equality across the world.