The YWCA is currently accepting applications for Head Lifeguard, Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Water Safety Assistants and Pool Facility Attendants for Aquatic Programs in Aylmer to work individually and as a team to provide pool supervision and class instruction according to established standards in a safe, inclusive and enjoyable environment.
Apply: Applicants are invited to submit their resume including proof of current qualifications and position(s) of interest to Aylmer Community Services, 20 Talbot Street East, Aylmer ON N5H 1H4 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
***Ongoing seasonal recruitment***
• Responsible for the overall safety of swimmers and participants accessing the pool facilities according to relevant legislation, regulations, standards and health precautions
• Effectively and efficiently protect the safety of swimmers, provide first aid treatment where necessary and respond in case of emergency.
• Demonstrate excellent leadership, communication and problem solving skills, enjoy working as part of a team and interacting positively with children.
• Organize and prepare swimming lessons for students and effectively and consistently provide instruction and evaluate swimmers according to established standards.
• Preparation, completion, maintenance of reports, forms, records and statistics.
• Maintenance of the pool area(s) and facilities to ensure safety
Qualifications for Lifeguard/Swim Instructors
• Must by 16+ years of age
• Standard First Aid with CPR
• Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard
• Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor or Lifesaving Instructor
Qualifications for Water Safety Assistants
• Standard First Aid with CPR
• Lifesaving Society Bronze Cross
• Lifesaving Society Assistant Instructor
Seasonal Employment Opportunities include positions for daytime, evenings, weekends, and holidays (seasonal). Mandatory orientation and training required. Hours of work may vary. $15.60-$18.75/hr, depending on position and qualifications.
Summer Experience Program Lifeguard/Instructor(s): Employment contract length of 232 hours during the summer, contingent on funding through the Government of Ontario’s Summer Employment Opportunities Program known as the 2023 Summer Experience Program. Participant Eligibility Criteria for the Summer Experience Program must be met. Student must be currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation and have reached the age of 15 upon commencement of employment. Proof of student enrolment must be provided. Students must be residents of Ontario during the period of employment. Students must be eligible to work in Canada and have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). Students should be living in Ontario at the time they start work.
Canada Summer Jobs Program Lifeguard/Instructor(s): Employment contract length of 270+ hours during the summer, contingent on Canada Summer Jobs Program funding. Participant Eligibility Criteria for the Canada Summer Jobs Program must be met. Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment, a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
The YWCA St. Thomas-Elgin is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.