BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CHILDCARE
NOTICE TO PARTICIPATING B&A FAMILIES: CLICK HERE FOR AN UPDATE ON THE PENDING CUPE STRIKE (as of October 2, 2019)
If you are looking for child care for the current school year, please go to the City’s OneHSN list and submit an application for the childcare you are requesting. You will be added to our waiting list.
Please be advised that the OneHSN site works best on a desktop computer. People have reported difficulty in using their phones to fully access the City’s site. If you do not have access to a computer, please contact us for assistance at email@example.com or call 519-631-9800. You are also welcome to come into our office for assistance at 16 Mary St. West in St. Thomas, or 25 Centre Street in Aylmer.
When inputting your care requirements, please note that September 3rd is the start date of the 2019/2020 School Year.
After you complete your application, you will receive a confirmation email from the OneHSN system, which will then forward your application on to us. We will respond to you within one week of that with a status update regarding your application.
Already registered & want to know your application status for Before & After Care for Sept 2019?
All updates have been made to the OneHSN registration system. Parents are asked to please log into your account in OneHSN to see the acceptance status of your child(ren). If you have checked OneHSN and still have registration questions please email our Registration Administrator, Louise, or call her at (519) 631-9800 extension 227.
What does School Age Childcare look like?
- Creative Arts and Crafts
- Sports, Recreation & Outdoor Play
- Dramatic Play
- Centre Based Play
- Promotion of good citizenship and school involvement
- Nutritious Snacks
- Maximum staff ratio 1:15 and 1:13 for JK/SK classroom
- Licensed childcare through the Ministry of Education
Our School Age Childcare Programs:
- Engage children in cooperative play activities
- Help children feel safe before and after school
- Reduce transportation concerns
- Provide a reliable childcare program at the child’s school
Programs available at:
- Elgin Court (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Éva Circé Côté French Immersion Public School (ECCFI) (formerly Sparta) (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- McGregor (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Mitchell Hepburn (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- New Sarum (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Southwold (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Springfield Public School (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Straffordville Public School (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Summers’ Corners Public School (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 6)
For more information on these programs, please call the YWCA at 519-631-9800
Parent Handbook 2019-2020 (Revised July 17, 2019)
At this time many of our Summer Camp programs are full, however we ask those interested to complete the application process to receive further information from our staff on the status of each camp. Families will begin their application process by using the mandatory OneHSN list, by clicking here. Registration is on a first come, first served basis and dependent on program resources, and supports available.
Please note, being involved with childcare does not guarantee a spot in Summer Camp. Advanced registration is not occurring this year.
If you have ready registered your child(ren) for our 2019 summer camp, CLICK HERE to view our Summer Camp Daily Schedule which will provide you information relating to times, locations, activities and what you should send with your child(ren) to camp.
Is your child currently registered in one of our Before & After School Programs?
Has your child been having fun at program? Are they welcomed warmly? Has a staff gone above and beyond to make your little one more comfortable, or to make drop offs easier? Have they tried to get to know your child, or helped them problem solve a challenge? Please let us know! We share this feedback with our staff and want to recognize the hard work they put into making their programs a safe, happy, and engaged place for our children and families. Please send us a SUNSHINE NOTE by clicking below, and your staff will get a big SHOUT OUT next month. Sunshine notes can be from parents or children themselves.