From August 15- September 13, 2021 School Age Childcare Registrations are on hold during our Black Out Period. During this time, we distribute staffing, resources, complete necessary documentation, and help prepare to greet our wonderful program families on the first week of school. We appreciate your patience during this time. We will confirm receipts of emails, and will begin processing new registrations after September 13. Our ability to correspond regarding spaces for childcare and possibilities for enrollment is quite limited during this time while we prepare for an exciting new year.
If your childcare needs change, and you are withdrawing or changing your enrollment details, those comments are accepted and appreciated by connecting via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding billing can be sent to email@example.com
Thank you so much!
YWCA School Age Childcare Registrar
The YWCA St. Thomas-Elgin provides before and after school age care in 9 schools throughout St. Thomas and Elgin County. Our programs are licensed by the Ministry of Education and in partnership with Thames Valley District School Board. Children from Kindergarten to age 12 experience a fun, safe place to play, be creative, make friends, be active indoors and outdoors, with healthy snacks provided before and after school. Our educators come from a diverse range of backgrounds and participate in professional learning throughout the year and are trained in First Aid and CPR.
Has your child failed the COVID-19 School Screening?
Learn what your next steps will be using Southwestern Public Health’s Return to School Decision Tree.
New Re-Enrollment for current families:
In a good way! Well, families, you asked, we listened! We are now introducing the opportunity for families to Re-Register with our Before and After School Programs for the following school year. Families will need to confirm their intent to re-enroll for the following school year by April 1, 2021.
What you need to know:
- You need to return the Re-Registration form by April 1,2021. The long registration form is no longer required annually for existing families. Please reply ASAP!
- You will confirm all the important particulars: names, addresses, telephone numbers, allergies, special needs, etc. Make sure you tell us if anything has changed for your family, a change in medications, bank accounts, etc.
- Click here for our 2021-2022 Rates.
- The registration form itself will be transferred to other programs if you register for them, like Summer Camp, P.A. Days, etc. The Request for Care forms will change depending on what program you’re using so we have a record of your needs in writing. Spaces are subject to adequate resources and enrollment.*
- This renewal applies to Before and After School Childcare only. Summer camp will still be first come first served.
- After April 1, new families will be given the opportunity to register based on open spots.
- All forms will be processed and followed up with by Fiona Chapman, Childcare and Registration Coordinator.
- Siblings of existing families will be accommodated when possible, but dependant upon program enrollment. Advance notice is required for sibling accommodation. Please indicate by April 1st if you require care for an additional child who is not yet in care by emailing Fiona Chapman, Family Registrar.
*Please note that indicating your interest in a non-instructional day camp such as P.A Days or Holiday Camp does not guarantee a spot. It is the parents’ responsibility to contact the Family Registrar to formally register. Spaces are dependant on program interest, as well as resources such as staffing and locations
Questions? Please complete form below.
For new families:
If you are on our existing waitlist, or not currently registered with us, please know we will be opening up our registration to the public in April. Stay tuned for more information.
Want to start the Registration Process?
Follow these steps:
- Create an account and apply for your program(s) within the City’s One HSN Childcare Waitlist system. **To see the schools that are available you must begin with the start date of Sept 7, 2021**
- We are notified and will contact you via email with requests for additional information.
- Once all information is collected, we will notify you of acceptance into the program of choice OR if you are placed on our waitlist.
Questions? Please complete form below.
Hours of Operation
Before School: 7:00am to school start
After School: school dismissal to 6:00pm
Nine Locations to Serve You
Elgin Court P.S.
Éva Circé Côté (ECC)
Mitchell Hepburn P.S.
New Sarum P.S.
Summers’ Corners P.S.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my child attend Before and After School Program?
We provide care in 9 schools in St. Thomas and Elgin County to children in JK to 12 years of age.
Why is my child placed on the Waitlist?
Our programs fill up quickly, so we encourage all parents to apply for Before and After School care when the registration process opens in the spring. We accept applications throughout the school year but the ability to be accepted into the program of your choice may be limited to space, staffing and safety. Children are placed on our waitlist on a first come first served basis and we will let families know of a space as soon as one becomes available.
What will my child do in the Before and After School Program?
In a warm, safe and nurturing environment children will have opportunities to play, learn and grow. Our programs are flexible and cater to the growth and development of each child. The curiosities of children direct the planning and approaches we use for learning, play, creative arts, drama, music and active play inside and outside. Children will play and engage in groups as well as individually.
Are you a licensed Program?
Our programs are all licensed with the Ministry of Education. We adhere to the rules and regulations as outlined in the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA). We practice Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years – How Does Learning Happen?
Who will be looking after my child?
Your child will be cared for and nurtured by our team of Educators and Coordinators. Our Educators all have a strong desire to assist in the growth and development of children. Each staff member has a valid First Aid and CPR, as well as an updated Immunization Record. Prior to starting each staff member must have a Vulnerable Sector Police Check and complete a thorough orientation and training process. Staff members are required to complete 3 Professional Development trainings throughout the school year, as well as any other trainings identified by the YWCA. Our staff are highly competent and capable of providing quality care which is testament to our Before and After School program that has been operating for many years.
I no longer require care. How do I withdraw my child and is there a penalty?
We know that care situations change for families. We do require 2 weeks written notice prior to the last day of attendance for the child as well, we do charge a small administration fee of $20.00 for the cancellation of this service. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I still have questions, can I talk to someone?
We would be happy to talk to you. Please reach out to our Registration Family Liaison at 519-631-9800 or fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page.
When should I register for Before and After School Programs?
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and our Website for when B&A Registrations go live for the following school year in April. You are welcome to apply at anytime throughout the school year, but please be aware that many of our programs will be in a waitlist situation and you will have to wait for a spot to open up.
Do I have to register for Before and After School care every year?
Yes, you do. We treat each school year separate from the previous year. Be watching for when Registration periods open and go live. Apply through your OneHSN account.
How do I apply for Childcare Subsidy?
You can inquire about subsidy on your OneHSN account. A representative from the City’s Child Services Department will then contact you about your eligibility.
How do I access my tax receipts?
Your annual childcare tax receipt will be sent to you at the end of January via the email we have on file. If you have a change in your email prior to this, please notify us at email@example.com
How can we help you?
Contact us today at (519) 631-9800 or fill in the form below.
Please note inquiries will be reviewed within 2-3 business days.