We are currently hiring for Program Supervisor, Program Assistant and Relief Staff to provide care for children during our Before & After School Childcare Programs. Hours are 7 am to 9/9:30 am and/or 3 pm to 6pm. Utilizing excellent behavior management techniques for children 3.5 to 12 years of age, staff will ensure child safety and well-being at all times. As well, staff are expected to facilitate gross and fine motor activities, games, crafts and sciences, work in teams, prepare snacks and complete necessary paperwork. Our programs run in 9 schools in Aylmer and St.Thomas areas.
Hours per week can vary from 0 to 26.5 depending on the position.
- Post-secondary education in Early Childhood Education, Child and Youth Work, Recreation and/or equivalent training or related experience or a combination of education and experience is preferred
- Minimum one year related experience working with school aged children
- Must hold a current First Aid and CPR Certificate from an approved WSIB provider
- Experience implementing school age programs that contribute to the care, growth and healthy development of children
- Demonstrate ability to interact positively with children
- Provide a nurturing and caring environment for children
- Maintain an orderly physical environment to enrich the optimal growth and development of children
- Role model good behaviors and strong behavior management techniques
- Experience facilitating games and activities to large groups of children ages 4 to 12
- Implement daily activities
- Complete daily records/logbooks/forms as outlined by the YWCA and Ministry of Community and Social Services in a timely fashion
- Supervise children at all times to ensure their safety and well-being
- Demonstrate and model appropriate and logical consequences for behavior management as outlined by the YWCA and the Ministry of Education
- Build and maintain a positive and healthy relationship with co-workers
- Maintain and promote health and safety standards within the program
- Report and document details of al serious occurrences to appropriate personnel immediately
- Must pay for and provide an original copy of a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check
- All staff are responsible for reading and keeping current on both the YWCA as well as Before & After School policies and procedures
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions as required
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license and insurance
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to our HR Generalist, Souey Sompaseuth at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications are accepted all year long, however key applications times are throughout July and August as we prepare for back to school season.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your consideration!
Why work at YWCA?
The YWCA St.Thomas-Elgin has been around for over 100 years, and we offer many community programs in St.Thomas, Aylmer and throughout Elgin County. Some of our programs include helping new comers to settle into the area, offering skills training and upgrading to adults, licensed childcare, working with youth and adults facing financial difficulties, housing and much more.
Whatever we do, we are committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our employees, families, and our customers in the communities we live and work. If you’re a passionate person who shares our values and is committed to delivering exceptional results, we want to meet you!
We offer competitive compensation, a supportive team environment and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The YWCA St.Thomas-Elgin is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusivity, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.