Position: Project Facilitator for the St. Thomas-Elgin Local Immigration Partnership (STELIP)
Location: St. Thomas
Report to: STELIP Manager
Tentative Start date: June 10, 2019
The position will be located at the YWCA St. Thomas-Elgin reporting to the STELIP Project Manager and be advised by the St. Thomas-Elgin Local Immigration Partnership Council. The Facilitator will build and foster community relationships. They will keep current on information and trends to identify and strengthen the local capacity to improve the economic, social, and civic participation for all newcomers. Through social media the facilitator will reach out to stakeholders, business, and the public to build an awareness of the value newcomers bring to Elgin County and St. Thomas.
- Communication Skills (Written, Verbal)
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Accountability and Dependability
- Development and Continual Learning
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Ethics and Integrity
- Post-secondary education in Political Science, Social Justice, or Social Sciences.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of social and economic issues.
- Understanding of the issues relating to settlement in smaller, rural communities.
- Understand and appreciate cultural diversity and sensitivities.
- Knowledge of federal, provincial, and municipal social policy.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, presentation software, spreadsheets, and database management.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated history of community involvement.
- Existing familiarity with the St. Thomas-Elgin region preferred.
- Currently living within or willingness to relocate to St. Thomas or Elgin County preferred.
In collaboration with the Manager:
- Maintain and further develop the STELIP Council consisting of community stakeholders who are committed to community cooperation and advocacy.
- Keep current on the local, national, and international immigration trends, economic opportunities for newcomers, and services.
- Develop and support the implementation plan of the agreed upon strategic actions consistent with the local needs and the research results.
- Collaborate and facilitate the development and implementation of community events and initiatives.
- Prepare and submit minutes for respective meeting. Provide support for narrative reports on the activities of the council and reports for submission to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Support the Manager and Director in all areas of the project and related partnerships.
No telephone inquiries please.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume no later than May 30, 2019 to email@example.com
You may also mail to:
Attn: Job Posting STELIP
YWCA St. Thomas-Elgin
16 Mary Street West,
St. Thomas, ON
“The YWCA St. Thomas-Elgin is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.”