The YWCA is currently accepting applications for Lifeguards, Water Safety Instructors and Assistants for our Aquatic Programs offered in Aylmer on evening and weekends throughout the school year. Lifeguards, Water Safety Instructors and Assistants work individually and as a team to provide pool supervision and class instruction according to established standards in a safe, inclusive and enjoyable environment.
Responsibilities for Lifeguard/Instructors/Assistants
- Responsible for the overall safety of swimmers and participants accessing the pool facilities according to relevant legislation, regulations and standards
- Must have the ability to effectively and efficiently protect the safety of swimmers, provide first aid treatment where necessary and respond in case of emergency.
- Organization and preparation of swimming lessons for a variety of students and have the ability to effectively and consistently provide instruction and evaluate swimmers according to established standards.
- Maintenance of the pool area(s) and facilities to ensure safety and preparation, completion and maintenance of required reports, forms, records and statistics.
Requirements for Lifeguard/Instructors/Assistants
- Standard First Aid with CPR, Red Cross Lifeguard or National Lifeguard, Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor, Red Cross Assistant Lifeguard or Lifesaving Society Bronze Cross as applicable per position according to regulations.
- Must have excellent leadership, communication and problem solving skills, enjoy working as part of a team and interacting positively with children.
Apply for Lifeguard/Instructors/Assistants
Send or drop off resumes with proof of current qualifications by September 16th, 2019:
Aylmer Community Services,
25 Centre Street Aylmer, N5H 2Z4
Fax: 519- 765-2280 ATT: YWCA
The YWCA St. Thomas-Elgin is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. We welcome application from all qualified persons. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.