The Red Cross Babysitting program offers basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11-15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to children in a variety of ages groups and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. The course also offers youth the skills to promote themselves as babysitters to prospective families.
Topics covered include:
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- Decision making and managing difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting
Online, Virtual Programs! Fall 2021 Schedule:
- PA Day Friday September 24, 2021 from 9:30-4pm; registration closes Sept 13 @ 10am
- Saturday October 23, 2021 from 9:30-4pm; registration closes Oct 11 @ 10am
- October 25-November 15, 2021; Mondays 6:30-8pm; registration closes Oct 11 @ 10am
Please note: Virtual programs require access to a computer or other device with camera/microphone and sufficient internet for participation on the specified dates/times. This virtual program will be hosted on Zoom. If you have not used Zoom before, please review information on Getting Started with Zoom prior to registering.
How to register
- ONLINE by clicking the REGISTER NOW button for the course you wish to register for.
- Call (519) 631-9800 or 1-800-461-0954 or visit us at one of our office locations during business hours
We are here to help
If you have any questions or need support with online registration, please use the form below or call or visit us at one of our office locations during business hours.
Please note this is NOT a registration form.
Please note inquiries will be reviewed within 2-3 business days.
If you find yourself in an emergency situation please phone our main office during regular business hours (519) 631-9800 or call 2-1-1 for emergency services within your area.