The Home Alone – Red Cross Stay Safe! program offers basic first aid and safety skills for children and youth 9-13 years old. Participants learn about being safe when they are without the direct supervision of a parent, guardian or trusted adult, both at home and in their communities.
Topics covered include:
- The importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- The importance of setting and following safety rules when on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare for, recognize and respond to unexpected situations (e.g., inclement weather, strangers, and unanticipated visits)
- Basic first aid skills
Fall 2023 Schedule
Ages: 9 years of age (or completion of Grade 3)
- Saturday September 23 from 10am-3pm at Belmont Library, Belmont (Registration opens August 28, closes September 15)
- PA Day Friday October 6 from 9am-2pm at YWCA St. Thomas-Elgin, St. Thomas (Registration opens September 1, closes September 25)
- Thursdays, November 30 and December 7 from 5-7:30pm at Springfield Library, Malahide Community Place, Springfield (Registration opens August 28, closes November 17
*Please call for late registrations. Please note: Programs will be available pending sufficient registration.
How to register
- ONLINE by clicking the REGISTER NOW button for the course you wish to register for.
- Call or visit us at one of our office locations during business hours
We are here to help
If you have any questions or need support with online registration, please use the form below or call or visit us at one of our office locations during business hours.
Please note this is NOT a registration form.
Please note inquiries will be reviewed within 2-3 business days.
If you find yourself in an emergency situation please phone our main office during regular business hours (519) 631-9800 or call 2-1-1 for emergency services within your area.