The Red Cross Stay Safe! program offers basic first aid and safety skills for children and youth 9-13 years old. Participants learn about being safe when they are without the direct supervision of a parent, guardian or trusted adult, both at home and in their communities.
Topics covered include:
- The importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- The importance of setting and following safety rules when on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare for, recognize and respond to unexpected situations (e.g., inclement weather, strangers, and unanticipated visits)
- Basic first aid skills
Programs are offered at locations throughout Elgin County.
Online Virtual Programs! Fall 2021 Schedule:
- October 13-November 3, 2021; Wednesdays 6:30-8pm; registration closes Sept 27 @ 10am
- Saturday October 16 from 9:30-3:30pm; registration closes Oct 4 @ 10am
- PA Day Friday November 12, 2021 from 9:30-3:30pm; registration closes Nov 1 @ 10am
Please note: Virtual programs require access to a computer or other device with camera/microphone and sufficient internet for participation on the specified dates/times. This virtual program will be hosted on Zoom. If you have not used Zoom before, please review information on Getting Started with Zoom prior to registering.
How to register
- ONLINE by clicking the REGISTER NOW button for the course you wish to register for.
- Call or visit us at one of our office locations during business hours
We are here to help
If you have any questions or need support with online registration, please use the form below or call or visit us at one of our office locations during business hours.
Please note this is NOT a registration form.
Please note inquiries will be reviewed within 2-3 business days.
If you find yourself in an emergency situation please phone our main office during regular business hours (519) 631-9800 or call 2-1-1 for emergency services within your area.