Take the step and join us to build your future!
The Skills Training & Upgrading Program welcomes you as you upgrade your skills for employment, education, GED, apprenticeship, and independence. Our facilitators will meet with each learner and develop a personalized plan that works for you! This plan will be reviewed and updated as you progress and gain confidence in reaching your goal.
Our programs provide a comfortable, safe environment for you to gain confidence in your ability to move into further education or employment.
Whatever stage you’re at, we can help you with goal setting and academic upgrading including:
- A Skills Training & Upgrading ranging from basic skills to GED preparation
- Computers Training in class as well as short sessions throughout the year
- Action Plans focused on individual needs
- Goal setting
- Childcare and transportation subsidies available
- Continuous entry September through June
Read what learners think of our program:
- It was really helpful in building self-esteem and self-worth. I really enjoyed meeting people and learning about myself”
- “I passed my GED and never thought I was capable of doing that”
- “I feel I am improving on getting things down on paper. It has been a problem for me before”
Monday to Thursday 9:00 am – 2:30 pm
Beginners Computer St. Thomas and Aylmer
Sessions run through the year – call for dates
For information, please call the YWCA at 519-631-9800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org