The YWCA St.Thomas-Elgin offers Ministry of Education licensed, high-quality school-aged childcare for families in St.Thomas, Aylmer, and Elgin County. Our programs run before and after school. We also offer Summer, Holiday, PA Day, and March Break Camps.
We serve 10 schools and have 13 programs across St.Thomas and Elgin County. Schools we serve are:
-Southwold Public School
-New Sarum Public School
-Eva Circe Cote French Immersion Public School
-Mitchell Hepburn Public School
-Elgin Court Public School
-Summers Corners Public School
-Straffordville Public School
-Springfield Public School
-McGregor Public School
-Davenport Public School
We are proud to hire qualified childcare staff including RECEs, CYCs, DSWs, PSWs, and other Caring Adults with demonstrated childcare experience!
The YWCA St.Thomas-Elgin is currently recruiting SPLIT SHIFT RELIEF EDUCATORS.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Having Fun: Organizing and implementing activities, crafts, games, and social skills opportunities based on interests and needs of children in our programs.
- Being Safe: Ensuring the supervision and safety of children in program
- Preparing and serving snacks safely
- Creating a welcoming and professional environment for children
- Following the Child Care and Early Years Act requirements and YWCA St.Thomas-Elgin program statement and policies and procedures
- Experience working with children ages 4 to 12
- Priority will be given to applicants with an ECE Diploma, Child and Youth Care, Recreation and Leisure.
- Standard First Aid with Child and Infant CPR – Level C*
- An acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check (employment specific)*
- Educators are knowledgeable, reflective, resourceful, and rich in experience
- Creative, strong communicators, confident problem solvers
- Safe Food Handlers Certification prior to start date*
- Completed High School
- Transportation access twice per day during school year is required due to mandatory split shifts
- School year hours vary, but are typically 7-9am and 3-6pm.
*These certifications must be in progress to be considered for offer of employment after successful interviews, references, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a detailed coverletter and resume to Jackie Anger, Director of School Age Childcare email@example.com
Please include two workplace supervisor-related references (family and co-worker references not permitted).
Tell us why you are a SUPER STAR. Tell us how you’re flexible, willing to do your best, and what positions you’re open to.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 3-30 per week
Salary: $16.55-19.55 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site childcare
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- On call
Staff are required to wear appropriate PPE if managing an illness. Subject to change based on recommendations from Southwestern Public Health.
- Do you have access to reliable transportation twice a day?
- Are you able to get a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, First-Aid CPR Level C from a WSIB approved Provider, and Safe Food Handlers at your own cost prior to starting work?
- Did anyone from the YWCA refer you to this posting (First and Last Name!)
The YWCA St. Thomas-Elgin is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.